Monday, July 8, 2013

School starts when??


Since school is out for summer, I feel at an impasse. I am SO energized after ASCA to blog and talk about some of my ideas... but right now I'm not actively doing stuff (well, Pinterest counts as Professional Development, right?). I have some really good ideas from ASCA that I will be writing about as the year progresses, but for right now, they're only ideas...

So, some more about me. For the first time ever, I have had the opportunity to be a "stay-at-home" dad this summer. My wonderful wife works in community mental health so she does not get the summers off. So it has been me, our (just turned) 3 year old son and our 4 (almost 5) year old daughter. Anyone with kids has probably watched at least one episode of Phineas and Ferb (heck, even without kids you may have watched it)... The theme song states:

There's 104 days of summer vacation, then school comes along just to end it...

There's 104 days of summer vacation??

Wrong! I had 74 days of summer vacation and as of today I am down to 28 :(

SO what's on my to-do list? Well, last year my office was very random looking. I set it up best I could at the beginning of the year, but since it was my first year, I wasn't sure what I wanted where or what I would need when. So I just kept adding stuff and at the end I was just staring at stuff everywhere. So I've been planning and thinking and Pinning... and I hope my ideas come together to be the most peaceful place for students to come in to.

Pictures to come!

-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment