Thursday, August 15, 2013

I won! and now a Student Wins!!

Backstory: Living in the Midwest, we have festivals like you wouldn't believe! We have the Popcorn Festival, Apple Festival, Art and Music Festival (aka Dirt Fest), BBQ Festival... and the list goes on! But most importantly, we are home to the Covered Bridge Festival. Now, if you have never visited Indiana and been part of the Covered Bridge Festival, you are seriously missing out. You can get crafts, rugs, ukuleles, egg-stractors, and deep fried ANYTHING- all around a historic Covered Bridge. Check it out here

Last year, my wife visited a booth run by an AMAZING woman named Sarah Stogsdill who hand-stamps metal and creates some pretty cool things. Her business is SeizeTheNight Designs and she has a LOT of neat necklaces, key-chains, rings, cuff links, etc. ALL HAND MADE! At the festival last year, my wife got a necklace with our kids' names on it:

and earlier this year I was able to order a key-chain from her with our two kids' name on it and a charm with our Heavenly daughter's name (lost in April) on a separate disk with angel wings:

Fast Forward to today: Sarah had a contest on her Facebook page with this as the prize:

and guess who has two thumbs and won??? Yep, ME! Now, the other half of my heart is not deployed... she's laying on the couch watching Big Brother. But, I know we have a student who has a parent who is currently deployed and is having a hard time with it. So guess what... they're getting the necklace! I can't wait to get it and pass it on to my student. I want them to know they're not alone.

Have you done anything for that one student having a hard time? I hope so!

-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment